For a healthy breakfast, make a batch of traditional porridge filled with grapes and nuts.
50g porridge oats
200g Sun World red seedless grapes
50ml apple cider vinegar
25g mixed nuts of your choice i.e. pistachios, walnuts and almonds
- Wash the grapes, and place them in a small sauce pan with the vinegar and sugar.
- Cover the pan with a lid, and let it sweat over a very gentle heat for 7-10 minutes.
- Place the oats in a saucepan, along with the milk and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring from time to time and watching carefully that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Mix the oats, milk and a pinch of salt in a large bowl, then microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through. Leave to stand for 2 minutes before eating.
- To serve, pour into bowls, spoon grapes on top along with a spoonful of yoghurt and a sprinkling of nuts.